Are you looking for something new and exciting to share with your family and friends this holiday season? We have just the thing that will WOW your guests! This sauce is delicious served over turkey, chicken or white fish! Or, try it as a side dish over rice or quinoa! Want to add a little “kick” and spice things up a bit? Try adding a diced up jalapeno pepper or a sprinkle of cayenne pepper (see tips).
We hope you enjoy this sauce and the wonderful holiday season with your family!
Cranberry and Blackberry Sauce
1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
1 cup fresh orange juice
½ cup honey
12 oz fresh or frozen cranberries (unsweetened)
2 tsp orange zest, chopped
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp cracked black pepper
2 cups fresh or frozen organic blackberries
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion to pan and sauté until onions begin to soften (approximately 4-6 minutes). Add ginger and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in orange juice and honey to mixture before adding cranberries. Increase heat slightly as cranberries begin to pop and break apart. Bring mixture to a boil. Continue to cook; stirring frequently until mixture thickens.
- Reduce heat to low. Add orange zest, salt, and black pepper and fold in blackberries along with parsley (if using). Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- If using frozen cranberries and/or blackberries, allow to thaw before using.
- For an additional kick, add one jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and diced along with ginger in step #1 or 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper along with salt and black pepper in step #3.
- Remember, if you have a gluten or wheat allergy; be sure that all canned and packaged products are manufactured in a gluten-