School is back in full swing and so are the kid’s appetites after a long day! If you are a parent who tries pack your kids healthy and filling this one is for you. Kids are probably a bit hungry after a full day of using brainpower and not having the luxury to freely snack throughout the day. What a great treat to welcome them home from school with these delicious No Bake Granola Bars from The Healthy Edge.
Whether you pack them in your kid’s lunch, serve them while they do their homework at the kitchen table or grab them for the ride to soccer or football practice, these snack bars are perfect to satisfy and make your life less hectic. Try crumbling these bars into a bowl and topping them with organic skim milk or organic yogurt for a delicious treat!
No Bake Granola Bars
Makes about 14 bars
¾ cup raw, unsalted pecan pieces
¾ cup raw, unsalted cashew pieces
¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
1/3 cup raisins or dried cranberries (no sugar added)
6 Tbsp coconut oil
¾ cup evaporated cane juice crystals
1 tsp ground cinnamon
6 Tbsp honey
1. In a large bowl, mix oats, nuts, coconuts and raisins or cranberries.
2. In a medium saucepan, add coconut oil, cane juice crystals, cinnamon and honey. Heat to nearly boiling and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and add mixture to the rest of the ingredients.
3. Using a wooden spoon, stir mixture together until well combined.
4. Line a 7x11 inchh pan with parchment paper.
5. Pour mixture into pan and press (using another sheet of parchment paper) to compact. Chill in refrigerator for approximately 20-30 minutes until firm enough to cut.
*Store in an air tight container for up to one week. Remember, if you have a gluten or wheat allergy; be sure that all canned and packaged products are manufactured in a gluten-free facility. Contact the manufacturer for this information.