Summer is just around the corner and nothing beats fresh fruit for a fast and healthy snack that is naturally refreshing! Check out our top 8 storage tips for fruits!!
2. Apples ripen 10 times faster at room temperature. If you store in refrigerator, they can last 2-3 weeks!
3. Store cherries in the fridge in a CLOSED plastic bag for up to 3 days. Don't wash until ready to serve. These also absorb odors from leeks, onions and peppers!
4. Cranberries can last up to 2 months if they are in a tightly sealed plastic bag.
5. Grapes can be stored in the refrigerator in a closed plastic bag for up to 5 days. Don't wash until you are ready to eat. And know that they absorb the odors from leeks and scallions.
6. Lemons and Limes ripen quicker at room temperature
(1 week). In the fridge they can be stored in an open plastic bag for up to one month.
7. We love papayas in our smoothies! Store at room temperature in a loosely closed paper bag until ripe. Then put in refrigerator for up to 1 week. Best to eat when the skin is mostly yellow-orange.
8. Pomegranates are cool fruits! Avoid rinds that are hard and dry looking. Store at room temperature for a few days or in fridge for up to 3-4 weeks. Some people eat just the flesh around the seeds and others eat the seeds with the flesh!