Speak Another Language?

Friday, November 4, 2011

Gluten Free Holiday Snack!


The holidays are a special time and it is so important to me to provide delicious, gluten free holiday snacks for myself and my family.  I am constantly asked about what healthy gluten free products I use and trust so I am going to share some of my favorites with you. 
Gluten Free Chicken Sausage Bites are great for a quick, gluten free, holiday snack.  I want to have delicious snacks, but I will not sacrifice my health to do it.  In moderation, I love to use Al Fresco Sweet apple Sausage to make these snacks for me and my daughter. The ingredients are as follows: SKINLESS CHICKEN MEAT, PURE MAPLE SYRUP, EVAPORATED CANE SYRUP, DRIED APPLES (UNSULFURED), AND CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF SALT, LEMON JUICE, and SPICES.IN A NATURAL PORK CASING.  This is a great alternative to other sausages on the market.  They are also listed as gluten free so no worries for you! The second ingredient is Brown Rice Tortillas. I use Food for Life, which has good ingredients as well: WHOLE GRAING BROWN RICE FLOWER, FILITERED WATER, TAPIOCA FLOUR, SAFFLOWER OIL, RICE BRAN, VEGETABLE GUM, AND SEA SALT.   Cut sausages in half and then into 1 inch pieces.  Lightly toast a tortilla on the stove in a hot pan with a little olive oil until warm but not crispy.  Cut tortillas into strips so they fit halfway around the sausage as shown.  Place toothpicks to hold in place.  Don’t use too much tortilla or it will be too chewy.             

·         Al Fresco Gluten Free Chicken Sausages
·         Food for Life Brown Rice Tortillas




 These are amazing with fresh goat cheese or any gluten free sauce.  I love Vegenaise as a dairy free and gluten free alternative to mayo.  I put hot sauce in it and serve with these.  Also I love packing these in my daughter’s lunch! They are great cold!
I hope you have blessed holiday and let us know if you find some good healthy sauces to dip these in. 
·         


No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More