Speak Another Language?

Friday, September 7, 2012

Sweet Suprise for After School

 
When I see my sweet little girl getting off the bus and running towards the house, I almost always know the first thing that is going to come out of her mouth, "I'm hungry".  Now since she eats lunch at 11:30 and gets off the bus after 3:00, I can't blame her!  I like to prepare things that I know she will love and I know I will love to see her eat.  

Home-made Frozen Fruit Pops fit this category.  By making them myself, I know that there is no added sugar, food-coloring or other ingredients in them.  She is getting actual natural flavors and the smile I see on her face when I pull them out of the freezer is totally worth the effort to make them myself!

Here are two of our favorites: 

 Watermelon Pops

Ingredients (YES! Only Two!)
 
watermelon 
strawberries

Remove seeds from watermelon.  Put the watermelon flesh and 3-5 strawberries into a blender and blend.  Put into Popsicle molds with sticks in them and freeze.  


Coconut Yogurt Pops


Ingredients 

Coconut Yogurt
Assortment of fruit of your choice

Blend up fruit and yogurt
Put in Popsicle molds with sticks.


*Coconut yogurt is a great substitute if your child has a dairy intolerance.  Feel free to use regular plain, organic yogurt too!


Be creative and find a combination that your kids love! You can also find molds that have bottoms with handles.  Super easy!  They will be so thrilled to have such a special treat and you will not mind them eating it before supper! 

We would love to hear what combinations works for your kids! 
 
For more healthy after school snack ideas, check out The Healthy Edge’s Back to School Healthy Edge Style series, FREE to all Healthy Edge Subscribers! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More