Speak Another Language?

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Easy Stove Top Dinner

I LOVE Simple!!  This is a delicious dinner that my whole family enjoyed.  I was a bit nervous about it at first, considering that my children and I are not big onion fans and the kids don't touch anything with tomatoes in it but I tried it anyways and they gobbled it up!  With a simple ingredient list and a quick and easy preparation, this meal will be going in my recipe box!! Enjoy!!

Pork Chop and Rice Skillet Dinner



INGREDIENTS:

4 Pork Chops
2 tbsp olive oil
1 1/4 cup water
2/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp salt, divided
1 can (11oz) whole kernel corn; drained
1 can (14 1/2oz) diced tomatoes; undrained
1/4 tsp pepper


DIRECTIONS:

Step One: Season Pork Chops to your liking. In a large skillet, brown the pork chops in oil; remove chops and drain.

Step Two: Combine water, rice, onion, garlic and 1/2 tsp salt in skillet.

Step Three: Place pork chops on top of rice mixture.




Step Four: Top with corn and tomatoes.  Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper if desire.

Step Five: Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover.  Simmer 20-25 min or until pork is cooked and rice is soft.  (Stir rice half way through) Let stand 5 min.


Simple and Delicious!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More