Speak Another Language?

Monday, March 31, 2014

Rosemary Lemon Chicken

A big part of my weekly routine includes preparing my family's food for the week.  On my Sunday afternoons, I am in preparation mode, trying to make the rest of the week as convenient as I possibly can.  This can include cutting up vegetables to have ready to snack on or put in salads.  Cooking chicken to have ready for salads and wraps.  Preparing fruit in snack accessible bags so the kids can grab and go.  Making granola for yogurt or cereal in the morning or bars for snacks on the go. Making a soup so I have lunch for the week. Whatever sounds good for that week, their are so many options and it really makes the week go smoother. 


By having foods easily accessible, I feel more prepared when the kids burst in the house screaming "I'm hungry" or when we have 5 minutes to get out the door and I still need to pack a snack bag to take with us. There have been weeks when I have not prepared and the difference in  my mood and stress level is extreme! 

I tried this chicken recipe as a dinner for my family.  It is very easy, all ingredients go into a slow cooker, and it  is ready to eat when you get home from a busy day.  The house smelled delicious and the chicken was moist and perfectly cooked.  The lemon and rosemary flavor that this chicken took on was a perfect addition to a salad.  And leftovers were put away in the fridge to use for lunch salads the rest of the week.  

This will defiantly go into our Sunday preparation box!  Enjoy!


Rosemary Lemon Chicken

4 boneless, skinless, organic chicken breast
1 cup chicken broth
1 lemon, thinly sliced
4-5 sprigs Rosemary
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste


In a slow cooker, place chicken breast, season with salt and pepper, add broth, garlic, sliced lemons and Rosemary.  Cook on high 4-5 hours or low 7-8 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More