Speak Another Language?

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What To Do With Spaghetti Squash!


This weekend we took trip to a local farmers market.  We got monster zucchinis, which I am in the process of shredding and freezing for zucchini bread, butternut squash, which is perfect for my butternut bisque, and spaghetti squash, which I am still experimenting with.  Such wonderful vegetables for even better prices!!

I needed to think of a way to use the spaghetti squash.  I had a whole chicken in the freezer so I thawed it overnight, cut some fresh rosemary and thyme from my herb pot, stuffed it in the chicken and put it in the slow cooker on high for 5 hours.  It was falling off the bone and smelled so good!  

Next to cook the spaghetti squash.  I cut it in half, remove all the seeds, placed it upside down on a cookie sheet with enough water on to cover the bottom.  Baked it at 350 degrees for about an hour, or until you can easily pierce the outside skin.  When you take it out and flip it over, use a fork to scrape the insides out.  It looks like thin spaghetti noodles.  I seasoned it up a little at this point with a little sea salt, pepper and garlic powder.  

To assemble my plate, spaghetti squash, then chicken, topped with corn, black beans and fresh chopped tomatoes.  Very good!!  There are so many ways you can change this up to fit what your family likes and a perfect way to use leftover chicken and vegetables!   And, the kids loved it!! 

 How do you eat your spaghetti squash??


No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More