Speak Another Language?

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Perfect Hardboiled Egg

I asked my husband one day what I could do for him to show him how much I loved him… his answer was surprising yet simple…   Always have hard boiled eggs in the refrigerator.   Brandon is training for an iron man and keeping lots of good healthy food available at all times is crucial.   

Ever since this request I have been experimenting trying to make the perfect hard boiled eggs… you know that peel easily and are not so done that the insides are really dry.  This is the best recipe I have found and now I know that I can make perfect eggs every time.  My mother –in –law is to thank for the last step because I had never even thought about icing the eggs right after boiling.




Step #1: Put eggs in a steamer as shown… This is the way I have found most consistency with.  If you do not have egg holes lie them down.




 
 


Step #2: Set timer to 18 minutes





 
 
Step #3: Prepare a large bowl with ice and add cold water. Immediately after the timmer goes off place eggs into the cold ice water and soak them for 20-30 minutes or until the egg is completely cold.


 
 
Step #4: Store them in the refrigerator and enjoy a healthy snack or on top of a salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More