Speak Another Language?

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Quick Morning Smoothie

Oh how I love my mornings with my little ones.  It usually consists of a 7:00am wake up party in my bed and me trying to get them to quietly lay with me so I can squeeze that extra half hour in of rest before our adventurous day begins. 

We all know that breakfast is the most important meal for us and our children.  It is when we fuel our body and prepare it for the rest of the day.  My son is an egg fanatic.  He can eat eggs for any meal of the day. But I don't always have the time to go through the hassle of making eggs, sometimes I just need a fast and healthy breakfast that can adjust to whatever kind of morning we are having.  My daughter on the other hand, is a cereal nut, which is a very quick and easy breakfast, but I am not a fan of letting my kids have cereal more than once or twice a week.  

I love simplicity!  The simpler the better!  And you can't get much simpler than throwing healthy ingredients into a blender or magic bullet, blending for 30 seconds or so and breakfast is served! 

Today is grocery day and my daughter asked for a smoothie this morning.  Using what I had on hand I came up with a delicious smoothie combination that proved to be a winner with both kids and with me.  

 

Strawberry & Banana Smoothie

1 whole banana
5-6 frozen strawberries
handful of spinach
1 tsp ground flaxseed
2-3 spoonfuls of plain yogurt
little bit of water

Put in magic bullet or blender & blend till smooth!


One of my favorite things about smoothies is that they can fit almost any morning we are having. It can be a hectic morning, where I quickly blend up a tasty smoothie while they are dressing and when they come out of the bathroom there smoothies are awaiting them at the table.  While they drink there breakfast down, I have time to get dressed (while drinking mine down), we all brush teeth do hair and out the door. Then there are those running way behind mornings where smoothies turn into a convenient on-the-go breakfast. Quick and healthy!  Doesn't get much better than that!

What do you use in your favorite smoothie?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More